Monday, August 18, 2014

Mine to reason why

Mimosa pudica

Flickr is a great site to make friends, I thought I had made one who seemed to appreciate me. Then one day I found out that they had blocked me. Of course one wants to know why. You cannot contact them so I tried to ask by writing just : why? without a name. I also asked a friend. He wrote and asked and got an answer of a kind. They had thought I read their blog and had understood. I had not read it but when I went there, I still did not understand. They disapproved that I had used a go-between, called it 'harassing' both. Is one really not allowed to know why!

Later they wrote:  "I shall sever every connection with those who favour my foes etc".  On Help Forum, I had answered one who probably was a foe, but there was no 'favouring' in it, there were no friendly words in it. They answer him too. It could be something else but I have not found anything. They also wrote: "I shall not enlighten her about my true identity."  Everyone gets the same respect from me, high or low.

I was upset at first; even cried. But then I thought: "Why to be upset about  losing a 'friend' whom I had not even met!

Will this be for ever?

In 2015. The block has been removed, but I have not dared to use their real first name as I do not know whether we are friends any more.

No comments: