Tuesday, May 14, 2013



How is it that any time I write something intelligent (maybe just my opinion) in Flickr, no-one comes any more to see the thread?  Like here:

 Member A:  I've been a Flickr member since April 2009.
I regularly chat with another Flickr member (whom I have marked as "Family") via flickr-mail. Tonight I get a "Slow down partner" spam-block while chatting with my friend? 
This is not acceptable. In the past I have often had long conversations with this person and have never encountered this problem. We can chat via regular e-mail, but for goodness sakes, if you wish to enforce a spam-block, can't one at least get some or other warning before you are suddenly cut off. What if I didn't have his regular e-mail address? I would just seem rude.

I 've opened up a help via e-mail case - number Flickr Case 2569456] Re: Other issues but am posting here in the forum in the hopes that a Staff Member might see the problem and offer to help. Please guys. This is not necessary and was clearly not spam. The guy kept on responding, after all. 

Answer by Flickr:  You are indeed hitting our anti-spam limit. You should able to send Flickr mail again in a day or so. 

Member A I have been a member since 2009. I have chatted to this guy since 2009. Between us there have been more than 10 000 Flickr- mails on this account alone. He does not consider my flickr-mails spam Do you really want us to go outside of Flickr? Do you want to chase us away? 

Member BIt could just be that using Flickrmail as a chat program could quickly exceed whatever the spam limit is. If you're actually going back and forth dozens of times in a short time period, then yes it may be better to use a tool that is designed for that a little better. 

Member AYeah.
Clearly, I'm not welcome in Flickr. 

Member B:  I don't see where you get that idea. It's just that not every tool is meant to do everything. FlickrMail is a very simple (and slow) inter-site mail tool. I don't think it was ever designed to do rapid chat/texts with.

Member C: Well like mentioned 
You have no public photos

You have no contacts*
You belong to 3 groups
All the groups you belong to were started by you
All the groups you belong to have only one member.
Sorry but Flickr wasn't designed to support to a non-sharer to the community. It was designed for social interaction in group threads and sharing of images with others. Not your personal one-one chit chat.

Member A:  The bottom line is that I was NOT spamming anyone. I abhor spam. I was NOT doing what they accused me of. Staff came along and could clearly see that what was happening was NOT spam - yet she chose do do nothing.
 Now your way of using Flickr is your business. How I use it, is mine. I used to be very active in many groups - including the Help Forum. I used to admin one of the most active social groups on Flickr but it's nasty little twerps like you who like belittling others who chase people like me away. I am sick and tired of people like you. Your contribution is worthless. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself, but I no longer want any part of it.

For what it is worth, Flickr, to me, used to be a friendly community. I used to "live" here, but I no longer do. More and more it is becoming unfriendly and unwelcoming and while there are some fantastic, wonderful people who contribute here (amongst others,  above), this Help Forum is a prime example of people  liking to put other people down.

Member C:
I was just stating the positive attributes of sharing & communicating.
 Other's and you indicated my vision wasn't the only valid use of flickr.
Fair enough and I accept that. But the need to get nasty & name calling doesn't show much maturity on your part.
 
I don't think I said anything nasty or belittling to you.
But then you seem to need to?
but it's nasty little twerps like you who like belittling others who chase people like me away. I am sick and tired of people like you.Your contribution is worthless.”

Member A: (to a member he appreciates)   I wish you well. If you will permit, I will take a leaf out of your book and say: "Go ahead guys. Tear me to threads, if you like. I won't be back here to see what you are saying. I've said my bit." 

Me
You probably are not coming here any more. It is a pity if you go, but I also find it sad to go to an account and be confronted by "nothing available to you" as this is supposed to be a sharing site. Sometimes I feel like having a door closed in my face. But certainly there are various ways to use the site. 
For me, I have not found Flickr unfriendly in general, I have some friendly exhanges even in comments, but for some reason things sometimes get heated in the HF, even when people just try to explain why something is happening. I could not see anybody be abusive to you, it was only you who said some nasty things about another user. 
Naturally you do not see your conversation with your friend 'spamming'. Unfortunately, Flickrmail has been designed for sharing information with others on Flickr, not as a chat feature. Sometimes I do not get anything for weeks. You hit the spamming limit, it was not personal, it is just something designed in Flickr to spare members from real spamming, not a "let us get Koeshke!" How can it be an insult? 
"Is that so wrong?" It is not wrong to want to do that, it just does not suit the rules here. Would you accenpt free spamming here? 

No comments: