Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Keihäs

Untitled by ausfi
Untitled, a photo by ausfi on Flickr.
Only the semi-finals, and already Thorkildsen is so good that he might win the javelin competition. It is funny that while I live in Norway, I hate it when a Norwegian beats a Finn. But it is so sad about Finland, they have now one silver only. There expectations are just 3 medals!
There was one runner, and he did not finish, actually was carried from the stadium, his leg hurt so much.
I have just seen Mannio throw, 81.99 when 82 m is the limit. Does it mean he did not get into the finals?
Later: Mannio got into finals, as 12 people are allowed in the finals and only eight reached the limit of 82 meters. Both of the other 2 Finns got to the finals also. The finals were on Saturday and I started to watch 'A few good men' on the TV, even if I had already seen it.
I only remembered on the way to church on Sunday. I got the news in my phone and the first I saw was an interview with Thorkildsen's father where he said he did not think any one was as likely to get the gold metal as Andreas. He had won the gold in the two previous Olympics, so it would have been wonderful to get a third gold. My heart sank. But then I noticed the date was Saturday and found an article below the first one where it came out that the gold was won by a surprise winner , Keshorn Walcott from Trinidad & Tobego, only 19 years of age.  Ruuskanen was third, Thorkildsen but the sixth! So it wasn't so bad I had not watched, I will probably find a video on YouTube.

No comments: